Friday, June 25, 2010

God Gives you What you NEED Despite What you Ask

So many times in life, we ask God for what we THINK we need. Well, He is sovereign, all knowing, wise beyond anything we could ever grasp, and knows EXACTLY what we NEED despite what we ask Him for. Here's a testimony I have to share. I hope it blesses you. If so, can you comment and tell me about it? Feel free to email it on! Share the blessings!

Here's the scoop: my laptop crashed a while back so I had been borrowing laptops since then to get work done & communicate. Well, the latest borrowed one had to be returned this past Wednesday 6/23/10. I knew this on last week and wrote it in as a prayer request in my prayer book, as well as shared it with others for prayer. Mind you, my prayer request was for a laptop - I've been blessed to be given one before so I figured God could do it again! My thinking was that certainly I needed a laptop because that's how I could access the Internet for free from home by picking up free wireless networks (what I've been doing since I dropped Comcast over 6 months ago). Once I dropped Comcast I also picked up Clear ISP service, BUT I got Clear's remote connector thinking that it would work both remotely with a laptop and also at home on my home computer. Well, it did not work in my home location on my laptop or on my home computer! My address was not in the coverage area, although not even 1/4 mile up the street on the corner, it worked fine! Twice while doing work for clients, I literally had to race up to the corner with laptop in my front car seat just to get on the net with my remote clear connector when the free ones would not work!


Occasionally I would try the Clear connector on my home computer but it never worked. I figured maybe one day the coverage area would expand. Fast forward to this week. With laptop gone on Wed night 6/23, the next day, I was planning how I would go to my sister's place the following day and hang out all day to use her laptop to get Internet work done. Well, before I retired for the night, I thought, "Oh what the heck, let me just try the clear on the home computer again." I fully expected it not to work, and to my extreme delight, IT WORKED! For the very first time! I had tried it countless times before. God, You are funny and wonderful and awesome all rolled into one. I couldn't believe it. I quickly got on and applied for this job with the city of Atlanta that had been sent to me about a week ago. So, God provided me with WHAT I NEEDED - Internet access! I thought I needed a laptop for that, but the underlying thing was the Internet connection. He provided that with NO additional funds from my pocket. I have already been paying for the clear remote - only $32/month. Now I have a remote Internet connection that also works on my home computer! Praise You Lord! Praise You Lord! Praise You Lord! This might seem like nothing to you, but as a freelance writer without the Internet I couldn't eat :-).

And get this, this morning, the ad agency I have been temping for (only done 4 days within 2 weeks so far) called and asked if I could proofread a job from home by 10 a.m.! If my clear had not begun to work JUST LAST NIGHT I would have had to say no! But I was able to say, "Yes sir, I can handle that for you!" Oh, God. Again, He is funny, awesome and wonderful and amazing all in one. And so RIGHT on time.

In your prayers, ask Him to bless you with what you NEED, even if you don't know exactly what that is. Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment